August 09, 2014

Stuff I'm Looking Forward to Getting at Gen Con 2014

The time is almost here! After not attending for a number of years, I'm very much looking forward to Gen Con 2014!

Here are a few items I look forward to checking out (i.e., buying) while I'm there:

1. D&D (5th Edition) Players Handbook (Wizards of the Coast)


Rather a no-brainer I would think. Although my feelings on early view of the new D&D have been mixed, no self-respecting geek could pass this by. (And yeah, I know it's available for sales in stores as I write this, but it's really a Gen Con release and I'll treat it that way!)

2. Sheriff of Nottingham (Arcane Wonders)


Let's see: The art looks gorgeous, and the game involves bluffing and lying aplenty. So what's not to like? This first game in the Dice Tower essentials line has gotten a good amount of early buzz, and I'm very intrigued.

3. Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game (Plaid Hat Games)


While perhaps yet another zombie board game at first blush, this game has some intriguing possibilities. The "crossroads" mechanic provides an evolving character mechanic, and the game is cooperative, yet each player has a secret victory condition (some of which may not help the overall group one bit). The theme also, although undead are present, seems more post-apocalyptic and survival-oriented in nature.

I'm sure I'll have more additions to this list, but there are three early starters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...